Tips for Dog Walks in Hot Weather
It is starting to get warm already. Make sure that you use all of the safety precautions that you can when you are out walking your furry family members.
- Stay hydrated. That goes for you and your dog. Bring extra water and a dish for your furry family member. It doesn't take much to have a heat stroke.
- Stick to shady places if possible. Parks are always a great place to go. They have shade and usually a water fountain. The nice cool grass is a great way for the dog's to cool off. Also, dog beaches are a great way to cool down for both of you.
- Booties. You can purchase a pair of dog booties at your local pet store and that will help protect their paw pads. A rule of thumb, if you can't walk on the pavement in your bare feat, the dog's will not be able to as well.
- Sunscreen. I read an article the other day, and it said that you can also use particular sunscreen on your dogs. I would check with your local vet. and ask them for a recommendation.
- Wear a hat. It helps protect your skin and cuts down on the rays.
If you have any comments or suggestions, please post them! I love to hear feedback.
Enjoy the beautiful weather!